Santiago de Chile, Chile, October 22-26, 2017
Official web site: http://www.adass.cl/
Venue: Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Conference Center
This annual conference, held in a different location each year, is a forum for astronomers, computer scientists, software engineers, faculty members and students working in areas related to algorithms, software and systems for the acquisition, reduction, analysis, and dissemination of astronomical data.
The ADASS XXVII program will include invited talks, contributed papers, display sessions, tutorials, computer demonstrations, and special interest ("Birds of a Feather" or BoF) meetings. These activities aim to encourage communication between software specialists and scientists, and to stimulate further development of software and systems to meet the data science challenges of astronomy.
The host of ADASS XXVII will be the European Southern Observatory (ESO), the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA), and the Technical University Federico Santa María (UTFSM).
Key themes for ADASS XXVII are:
· Open source in astronomy: collaboration, development methods, tools,licensing, obstacles, and critics.
· The challenges of operating large-scale complex astronomical instruments.
· Machine learning applied to astronomical data analysis.
· Astronomical network and data center infrastructure in the age of massive data transfer, Docker, Agile development, and DevOps.
· (Additional key themes will be added shortly)
Registration and abstracts:
EUR 450 (Early bird, until July 15, 2017), EUR 550 (normal fee from July 16 to October 21, 2017), EUR 650 (walk in fee from October 22 to 25, 2017), EUR 200 (postgraduate students), EUR 100 (undergraduate students).
The registration fee is payable through the ESO shop via credit card. It includes admittance to tutorials and all sessions, lunch, morning and afternoon coffee breaks, cocktail reception and an electronic copy of the conference proceedings.
Instructions for requesting financial aid to ADASS are available in ADASS submission page and open until May 31^st .
The International Virtual Observatory Alliance meeting will be held after ADASS, on 27-29 October, at the same venue.
· May 15th Second announcement (with information about invited speakers)
· May 31st Deadline for financial support
· June 15th Abstract for Oral Contributions and Focus Demos deadline
· July 15th Early bird registration deadline
· August 15th Abstract for Tutorial/BoF/Poster, deadline
· September 15th Final deadline for poster submission & final announcement (with program)
· October 21st Registration closes
· October 22nd Walk in registration opens
· October 16th Preliminary version of manuscripts due
· October 22-26 ADASS XXVII in Chile
· October 27-29 IVOA Workshop
· November 30th Final version of manuscripts due
ADASS has organized a block reservation in the Sheraton Hotel at preferential rates. The LOC encourages participants to take advantage of this offer and to plan to stay in this hotel. Links to the hotel booking pages are provided below:
Program Organising Committee (POC)
Alice Allen (ASCL)
Christophe Arviset (ESA-ESAC)
Pascal Ballester (ESO)
Sebastien Derrière (CDS/France)
Mike Fitzpatrick (NOAO)
Stephen Gwyn (CADC)
Jorge Ibsen (ALMA)
Tony Krueger (STScI)
Kathleen Labrie (Gemini)
Mark Lacy (NRAO)
Jim Lewis (IoA)
Nuria Lorente, POC Chair (AAO)
Jessica Mink (CFA)
Fabio Pasian (INAF)
Keith Shortridge (formerly AAO)
Mauricio Solar (UTFSM)
Tadafumi Takata (NAOJ)
Peter Teuben (UMD)
Local Organising Committee (LOC) (loc @adass.cl)
Demian Arancibia (Smart Industry Program)
Paola Arellano (REUNA)
Pascal Ballester, LOC Co-Chair (ESO)
Jorge Ibsen, LOC Co-Chair (ALMA)
Daniela Jara (ILO, Chilean Ministry of Economy)
Mónica Rubio (DAS, U. Chile)
R. Chris Smith (AURA)
Mauricio Solar, LOC Co-Chair (UTFSM)
Luis Véliz (Inria Chile)
Eduardo Vera (NLHPC, CMM)